Brooklyn Methodist Hospital
Serve the people of NYC by becoming a doctor through the CityDoctors Scholarship Program.
CityDoctors Brooklyn Methodist Hospital is a cooperative effort between New York Methodist Hospital and St. George’s University, which seeks to attract and educate New York City’s best and brightest to become doctors committed to serving the city’s residents. Partial tuition scholarships are available to attend St. George’s University MD program.
Eligibility for the CityDoctors Scholarship Program
Scholarship recipients of partial scholarships will be chosen by Brooklyn Methodist Hospital and awarded by SGU to eligible* students commencing their education at St. George’s University School of Medicine.
To qualify for the CityDoctors New York Methodist Hospital Scholarship, you must be a US citizen or permanent resident and be accepted into the four-year Doctor of Medicine degree program at St. George’s University. In addition, an applicant must fulfill at least one of the following criteria and provide physical verification:
- Presently a resident of Brooklyn and have been for at minimum of one year
- Currently an employee of New York Methodist Hospital
- Currently have at least one of my parents is a full time employee of New York Methodist Hospital
Application Process & Selection
- Eligible students can apply for this scholarship on the CityDoctors website at any time during the admissions process.
- The application will include an essay explaining why they should be awarded this scholarship and how will they contribute to the health care of Brooklyn and/or New York City.
The deadline to submit an application for this scholarship application is November 1st.
To Apply for a CityDoctors Scholarship
Download your application, complete in full, and follow the instructions below:
1. Write an essay that explains why St. George’s and Brooklyn Methodist Hospital should award the CityDoctors scholarship to you and how you will contribute to the health care of Brooklyn and/or New York. Submit your essay on a separate sheet and enclose it with this application.
2. Complete all questions that apply to you. Failure to complete all questions will result in an incomplete status. If a scholarship application remains incomplete for 30 days the student will receive a denial letter.
3. All students applying to the CityDoctors New York Methodist program must fill out a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). Further documentation may be requested.
PLEASE RETURN FORM TO:
St. George’s University
c/o University Support Services, LLC
The North American Correspondent
ATTN: Jonathan Cartagena
3500 Sunrise Highway Building 300
Great River, NY 11739
Tel: (800) 899-6337 ext: 9 1226
(631) 665-8500 ext: 9 1226
Fax: (631) 665-8623
Please note: Applications will not be processed until all requirements of the application have been fulfilled and the applicant has been accepted into the St. George's University School Doctor of Medicine program. For more information on the application process and requirements for admissions please visit http://www.sgu.edu/academic-programs/school-of-medicine/md/admission/.